Job offer as an adjunct in the Laboratory of Molecular Biology
of the Institute of Biotechnology of the Intercollegiate Faculty of Biotechnology University of Gdansk
and Medical University of Gdansk
(research and teaching position, 100%)
Deadline of application: 21 of August 2022
Employment: Research and teaching position (100%)
Research and teaching topics at the Laboratory of Molecular Biology of the IFB
Scientific research in the Laboratory of Molecular Biology of the IFB is carried out in the field of molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology and genetics of microorganisms. The conducted research topics concern issues related to the mechanisms of DNA replication, proteolysis, activity of chaperone proteins, and the cell's response to stress.
The research is focused on analyzes of interactions of proteins and nucleic acids, as well as the structure of proteins and their complexes. The advanced techniques in the field of biochemistry and molecular biology are used. The employees of the Laboratory conduct teaching in the field of molecular biology, biochemistry of proteins and nucleic acids and genetic engineering (laboratory exercises, auditorium exercises, seminars, lectures, supervision of first and second degree students).
Duties and powers specified in particular by the provisions of the Law on Higher Education and Science, the Labor Code, the Statute, Organizational Regulations and the Staff Development Policy of the University of Gdańsk.
The main responsibilities will include: conducting research and dissemination of the results of scientific activity, implementation and acquisition of research projects, participation in the work for the Research Team, the Faculty and the University, teaching duties related to conducting classes, including classes in English, and other work related to the teaching process.
• PhD degree in biological, chemical or medical sciences (biotechnology, biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, medical biology)
• Experience in working in research projects.
• Application of techniques of molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, experience in the purification and analysis of proteins and nucleic acids.
• Ability to write scientific publications in English and to prepare conference reports.
• Documented original scientific output in peer-reviewed journals.
• Presentations at conferences and symposia.
• Independence in research work, ability to work in a team, willingness to improve the scientific workshop.
• Knowledge of the English language, spoken and written, at a level that allows for communication in scientific work and teaching.
Candidates joining the competition are asked to submit the following documents:
• Application for employment (addressed to the Rector of the University of Gdańsk)
• Personal questionnaire (available at https://ug.edu.pl/pracownica/strony_jednostek/dzial_zarzadzania_kadrami)
• A copy of your doctoral diploma
• Information on research and teaching achievements
• Addresses of persons who can submit recommendations
• 3 statements: a) consent to the processing of personal data necessary for the recruitment process b) meeting the requirements specified in art. 113 of the Act of July 20, 2018 Law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1668) c) that in the case of employment at the University of Gdańsk following the competition procedure, the University of Gdańsk will be the candidate's primary place of work
The competition is open to persons who meet the requirements set out in the Law on Higher Education of July 20, 2018. (Journal of Laws 2018, item 1668, as amended) and in the Statute of the University of Gdańsk.
Applications should be sent to the following address:
Intercollegiate Faculty of Biotechnology of UG and MUG
ul. Antoni Abraham 58
or by e-mail to: email@example.com
Please include the clause "I consent to the processing of personal data contained in my offer for the purposes of the recruitment process (in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data, Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883)".
We will contact selected people. We do not return offers sent by post.
The ordering parties reserve the right to respond only to selected offers.
The competition may be closed without selecting a candidate.